Thursday 3 May 2012

baby blues

There are only a few small things that make parenting hard and a little bit useless in their own right. Teeth. Just like a contagious disease they pop out of no where and then spread not 1 by one but at the moment 4 at the same time and it is so horrible. Not only for me being cried at but for my little angel who is so beautiful and little, who has no idea why her mouth is so sore!   It is certainly the strongest of challenges so far.

The truth - is and I really have to allow myself to admit this- being a mummy is challenging sometimes! I just hope that they all come threw quickly and give me and my baby a long awaited break.

Yesterday was sunshine and warm so we were lucky to go outside and take advantage of the beautiful weather and (secretly tire miss Delilah out so she would sleep well) and get a bit of Vitamin D which i find so important to have, the benefits are much more visible on a baby im sure. But today is raining and cold so inside we must stay. What mischief can we get up to today? well we have already messed the play room (before 9am) so i am ticking that as a successful play time!

Did you no that when Delilah was born her daddy decided to buy her a Ukulele and much to my surprise she takes her delicate little fingers and strums the strings, genius? yes i think so.

I just think sometimes as a parent we are aloud to be honest with ourselves and others and admit it can be hard and absolutely exhausting. It can be annoying and rude and disrespectful of my needs when i am tired but we are human and so is that little girl and i love her. She is human and expressing herself in the most honest way i ever thought possible of witnessing.

This is just me collecting my thoughts and readdressing the past couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment